Sunday, January 17, 2010

Salsa

Finally! After much debate with myself about this blog, I have mustered enough courage to post an entry. It hasn't been easy; lying in bed is always an easy option for me after doing all the duties of being a mom and eventually getting Tyler to sleep.

Anyway, you may ask the question: why salsa? I was on FB and an old friend of mine chatted with me and I remembered the time when I was at his house and he fed me a bruschetta. I was hesitant at first because it was my first time to eat a salsa or a bruschetta for that matter. But when I took the first bite, flavors bursted and danced around my mouth like nothing else I have ever experienced before. And with that, I became a full-pledged foodie. Back to the chat, I couldn't resist asking my friend the recipe to that salsa and I hope to share this to my friends. Thank you Biboy for this recipe.

A dozen of tomatoes
Half white onion
1 sprig of spring onion
Pinch of cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

Slice the tomato in half and scoop out the seeds then dice. Set aside. Mince the white onion and spring onion. Mix together. Put in a pinch of cumin and put salt and pepper according to taste. Chill before serving.

Hope you enjoy this salsa. You'll find that you can use this in many ways with your meal. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

be kind ;-)