Saturday, February 6, 2010

Egg and Potato salad

Crazy over eggs. I've always loved egg salads. Especially when it's sandwiched between 2 slices of wheat bread. It's heavenly. The taste of egg, a bit of mayo and a dash of pepper and some herbs, and when they get mashed in my mouth, it just brings me pure joy. My aunt used to make simple egg salads, but I, here, love to tweak recipes so that it makes for a new recipe that I can proudly call my own. ;-)
Then, one day, I was reading this food magazine and found this egg and potato salad recipe. I missed out on a few ingredients (maybe purposely so I can call this original) but then was disappointed with myself because it really came out bland. Had to salvage the whole thing by way of adding a few things, here and there. 
8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cubed
8 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cooked ham bits
1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp oregano (i prefer basil but then i ran out)

In a big mixing bowl, toss all ingredients and chill before serving. Serves 8.
Had a mouthful before finally sending this to the chilly cave of our fridge. Yummy!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

be kind ;-)