Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beachy Fun

We planned this beach outing for 2 weeks and finally this morning woke up to a promising day! It has been raining for days now and today seemed like Mom's prayers were answered, no rain while we are at the beach. So, I got up late (slept at 2am you know) past 8am and I was still a bit groggy and I noticed Janix tinkering with the router. Who wants to change routers and configure it at 8 o'clock in the morning? Only he, would be my guess. And because I was still fresh from dreamland, I was even kind of helping him, pitching in some questions and suggestions about the whole  router thing then when everybody else but us left for church, I started fuming about the delay of our prep time for our planned beach day. I hurriedly cooked the shrimps, simply following the outline given to me by Lola Lolita earlier which was to cook the shrimps in the pan with water first then when water has dried, cook it in little oil and sprinkle some salt.  I added a few steps to suit my adventurous palate by mixing in my fave garlic and onions, black pepper and chili flakes and just a bit of thyme.

This here is more than 1kg of shrimps boiling in 2 cups water. You can use less water. I mixed in salt, pepper, thyme and chili flakes while water is boiling.

When the shrimps looked opaque, I drained the water and set aside the shrimps and sauteed garlic and onions in butter in the same pan.

I then fried the shrimps for 8-10 minutes until completely done. This ended up dry, it was very tasty though, but dry. Maybe next time I'll try to cook it in lesser time. Or what do you think?


After cooking and packing things up, we ran to pick up Mom, NC and Syer and dropped by a store to get drinks and ice. We arrived at the beach few minutes past 11am and it was really a sight to behold! You see, it's been ages since I've stepped foot at the beach and the beach sure looked happy to see me too coz the sun shined until we went home at 5pm. Express what you desire and the universe conspires with you! Hahahaha! I'm not gonna do a The Secret thing here, but the line really holds true.

Lovely, ain't it? 

It's not the white beach but this picture sure looks like a piece of heaven to me. ;-)

Taking a bite of the Dark Chocolate Balls. Should have hired a model...This looks like an entry for the Datu Puti Asim Mukha Challenge. Hahaha!

With my younger brother. A lot have said he and I look exactly alike. I don't agree...Hahaha! (evil laugh)

 My boys. 

Tyler gets a sunblock lotion massage. 

 Ma, let's go now!

Taking his time to get acquainted with the sea... (he's actually very scared)

Poor Tyler! Oh, I just love teasing him. Hahaha!

Tyler: Mimim! (that's what he calls me)

Monkey Tyler



Banana Boat

To the right, to the right








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Glad to be out of the water.
 
With Papa Janix. 

Testing the waters again with the help of a whale.

It was a no-go so we get him back to his dry clothes and pose for a picture with NC. 

Can you spell fun? V-E-R-Y F-U-N!!! Swimming in the beach today made me feel like a kid again. We had fun going against the waves and we laughed like we were kids and it kind of transported me back to 8th or 9th grade. It was really what I needed, the sun, sand, beach and fun.

The sunburned skin that I have now is well worth it. I only remembered to apply sunblock on my face. I told my Mom it burns really bad and she told me just like when I was a kid, I get overly excited swimming everytime. And she smiled. Aww... I love you Mom! Thank you for making this fun day possible. 

Just had 2 egg sandwiches and it's 11:15pm and I had dinner earlier. Goodluck with my plan to lose weight before Shareefah comes this May. Anyway, I'm beat, so I'll leave you with a thought: Happiness is fleeting but what warms you are the memories that comes with it. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. cute kau si tyler.. this reminds me of a story book.. with all the pictures of every happening.. lol.. :) i like it.

    by the way, i don't know what happened to your shrimps. how come it ended up dry? just a suggestion: just wash 'em (don't boil in water), sprinkle with salt and pepper... then deep fry with the garlic.. :) you'll see, it'll end up really juicy and delicious... especially if fried until crispy.. --A

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok! thanks for the suggestion pol... i actually dont have any idea unsaon, my 1st time... i asked lolita and that was her way. well, next time i will try your way! thanks much!

    ReplyDelete

be kind ;-)